Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Little Introduction

Welcome to 2015!

My name is Sherry, and I've been planning this blog for a long, long time. The title, The Greatness of Little Things, was inspired by Okakura Kakuzo. "Those who cannot feel the littleness of great things in themselves are apt to overlook the greatness of little things in others." This is my space to celebrate the greatness of little things around me.

By day I do tech support. By night I try to squeeze in all the other things that are important to me: family, pets, friends, and everything else that catches my attention. like tatting and photography. My profile picture is one I took on a rainy afternoon at Frazier's Ornamental and Architectural Concrete in Hempstead, TX. It's the first of the little things I'll feature here.


I'd also like to start by thanking some friends of mine who encouraged me: first, as always, is my husband, the Finest Man Alive; second is James G, one of my tech support partners in crime; and third is my cousin-in-law Robert Solis, who has a very cool blog of his own called The Refined Gent.

My heart tells me that I want to write here every day, and my head tells me that would be crazy, so I don't know yet how often I will be able to post. I hope you will stop by and visit me occasionally, and enjoy the fun.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome to the bloggersphere. Looking forward to receiving notifications from you on new blog postings. I'm happy that The Refined Gent has given you inspiration to take the leap. Let me know if you have any questions. 👍👍😊

    ReplyDelete